Thursday, June 23, 2011

Welcome Summer.







What a week! As we move on to summer, I'm finding myself busier than ever. We are getting ready for a big trip, that is really a combination of multiple small trips. Packing up four people for two completely different destinations is chaotic, but I think that we will all benefit from a vacation.




The kids both finished up their spring semesters at the Little Gym last week. Dixon was in the Birds class (9-19 months), and Truth was a Giggle Worm (3-4 years). I found myself a bit teary eyed as I watched them get their ribbons and awards. Where have the past six months gone? Where has the past year gone? And how in the heck do we have a two and a four year old?!?


Now we are onto the summer semester at gymnastics, which both kids will begin the first week of July. Truth also started ballet last week, and will resume swim lessons later in the month. Like I said at the beginning of this post, they are keeping me busy.




"The term working mother is redundant". ~Jane Sellman

The weather has been wonderful in Portland, so lots of time has been spent outside. The winters can be so long, but as soon as the sun comes out, I am reminded of why we live here. We are blessed to be surrounded by green, to have so much room to run, and to have a mild climate that allows us to enjoy it.

Adam's mom, Marji was in town a few weeks ago. She made a comment about how lucky our kids are to grow up in a place where squirrels run wild in the back yard. I had never thought of it that way before, but she is right.

We are indeed lucky

No comments:

Post a Comment